YQA – We need more revenue, why would we focus on finance and procurement functions?

YQA – We need more revenue, why would we focus on finance and procurement functions?

Over simplified answer:

In the current business environment its far easier to save a dollar than it is to earn a dollar. Whilst ‘selling more’ seems like the logical approach there are many savings that can be achieved by focussing on back office excellence,  optimisation and automation.

In more detail:

Many businesses are facing increasingly tougher market conditions and improving profitability is a focus for every business right now.

Traditional business thinking has been focussed on increasing revenue and reducing costs of acquisition as a way to improve your overall profitability and as such these processes and procedures are typically, already, optimised and efficient as possible. However, an often overlooked and key lever for profitability that companies have is how they buy goods and services and pay for them.

Consider what businesses spend their money on, a large portion of spend cannot be influenced or reduced through greater procurement control or spend insights, this covers things like:

  • Salaries
  • Tax
  • Utilities
  • Debt services

Spend like this is what is classified as non-negotiable spend. A conservative estimate for businesses is that around 75% of spend is non-negotiable. This leaves the remaining 25% classified as negotiable spend.

Reducing your negotiable spend through cost savings can have a big impact on your overall profit, Lets assume a business has $800m in revenue and runs a 10% profit margin. 75% of their spend is non-negotiable making up $540m. 25% of their spend is negotiable making up $180m.

If that business is able to reduce their negotiable spend by 7% (most analysts believe between 5%- 15% is achievable). This will result in a 16% increase in their profit or $12.6m. To achieve the same increase in profit through sales they’d have to increase their revenue by $126m.

Procurement and finance transformations don’t have to be complicated and we know how to make sure they’re successful.

Organise a free consultation today -> www.valtatech.com/advisory/

Have a question that you’d like to be answered?

Email us directly: david@valtatech.com

how can we help you?

Contact us today, our team will be happy to assist you.

Trusted by leading businesses across the region

We are procure to pay automation experts with over 30 years of experience across the team and have been trusted partners of a number of leading organisations to deliver procure to pay automation and optimisation solutions across APAC.

why our customers choose us

Our Focus on Business Value

Value is ultimately a common vision of what success looks like. It’s visibility. It’s savings. It’s user adoption. It’s compliance. It’s best practice. It’s all of that combined. It’s what we define, together, as our shared objective. Value is what we measure, what we strive for.

Partnership Approach

To help drive value, we work with you in an open and transparent way, we position ourselves alongside you every step of the way actively sharing both the risk and benefits with you – ensuring that we succeed together. That’s what we call partnership.

Procure to Pay Expertise

Our team has over 30 year’s experience across successful Procure to Pay transformations across the globe and have worked with some of the leading companies in a number of industries. We provide invaluable insights on how to ensure you are successful.