Video – How HammondCare took their Procurement to the Cloud
- Posted by: David Watters
- Category: Videos and Webinars
Procurement and the management of costs is a time-consuming back-office function for aged care providers, especially those with multiple facilities where purchasing decisions are often made locally, adding to the complexity of trying to manage costs across the entire business.
Last year, HammondCare who operates at 60 locations across NSW, Victoria, and QLD, made the decision to implement a full source-to-pay procurement strategy to manage buying, payments, and invoicing across the entire business.
Using a single, unified platform HammondCare is able to control spend and monitor activity, including requests for quotes, approvals, and requisition workflow management through the use of the Coupa Business Spend Management platform and E-Invoicing Technology, configured and implemented by Valtatech.
In this webinar presented by Inside Ageing and Valtatech, we speak with HammondCare’s Head of Procurement Aaron Passfield, and Valtatech’s Jussi Karjalainen about the implementation of these systems, including the outcomes and business gains they’re already seeing.
What we cover in the session
In the informative session we cover a range of questions such as:
- Overview of what has been achieved so far
- The approach Valtatech took with HammondCare
- The most impactful changes so far
- The impact of mitigating invoice fraud
- How did HammondCare get buy-in from across the organisation for this?
- How has HammondCare’s overall process changed?
- What sort of ROI can organisations expect?
- Costs are the one certainty that a provider has and can manage better. How has this enabled HammondCare to better manage costs?
- How has the purchasing approval process changed for HammondCare?
- How scalable are procurement platforms? Are they suitable for smaller organisations?
- What sort of challenges did HammondCare face with the implementation? Were there many issues?
- What were the specific actions HammondCare undertook to help with change management?
- Did HammondCare implement catalogue punch-outs with their suppliers?
- How have smaller suppliers adapted to the new process?
- What has been the impact of managing supplier compliance?
- How would an organisation calculate a business case for a project like this?
- How well does Coupa integrate with other systems and what integrations are required?
- What advice would you have for organisations looking to take on a project like this?
- What are some of the benefits expected in the next phase of the project?
Aaron Passfield – Head of Procurement, HammondCare
Jussi Karjalainen – Founder and Managing Partner, Valtatech